Diablo Immortal on Android and iOS has risen fast to earn $100 million in global player spending within two months of its launch, as per a report by Sensor Tower. By crossing the $100 million mark in just eight weeks, the mobile action RPG stands behind just Pokemon Go, which took about two weeks to reach the milestone. On the third spot is Fire Emblem Heroes from Niantic, which took 10 weeks. Occupying the fourth and fifth position on the list of most revenue generating games are Fortnite and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, with 12 weeks and 22 weeks taken to cross the $100 million revenue mark respectively.
“Since its global release, Diablo Immortal has ranked as the No. 13 revenue generating mobile game worldwide. According to Sensor Tower Game Intelligence, during this time it ranked as the No. 4 mobile RPG by player spending globally, and the No. 2 MMORPG, just behind Fantasy Westward Journey from NetEase at No. 1.”, said the report.
Diablo Immortal has proven to be a bigger hit on the Apple App Store as far as global player spending is concerned, with about 59 percent contribution. Google Play Store, on the other hand, has about 41 percent contribution.
The United States has been the biggest contributor to the game when it comes to revenue. The next two most revenue generating countries are South Korea and Japan.
China: The new revenue generator
Diablo Immortal launched in China on July 25, 2022, close to two month later than in other regions, but within the first two days of the launch, it became the no. 1 most downloaded app across all categories on the Apple App Store in the country. It was the no. 2 top grossing game on launch day, while the next day it slipped to the no.2 spot behind Honor of Kings while remaining just above Game For Peace in China, both owned by Tencent Games.
For all the latest Technology News Click Here