Quick News Bit

India vs South Africa: Indian camp ‘spoken to’ after DRS outburst | Cricket News – Times of India

0
MUMBAI: While Indian captain Virat Kohli and his teammates have so far not be fined, warned or reprimanded, TOI has learnt that they’ve been “spoken to by the match officials” for their outburst against host broadcaster SuperSport after unleashing their fury at an lbw decision which went in South African captain Deal Elgar’s favour — thanks to Decision Review System — off Ravichandran Ashwin on Day Three of the third Test at Cape Town.
India lost the match by seven wickets at the hands of hosts South Africa on Friday, a result which saw the visitors losing the series 2-1.

“No penalty, official warning or reprimand was issued, but match officials have spoken to the Indian players/management and warned them about their behaviour yesterday,” a reliable source tracking the developments told this paper. The match officials in the third Test were on-field umpires Adrian Holdstock and Marais Erasmus, third umpire Allahudien Paleker, reserve umpire Bongani Jele and match referee Andy Pycroft of Zimbabwe.

Embed-Kohli-1501

Virat Kohli (Twitter Photo)
South Africa’s captain Elgar was given out LBW by Erasmus, but the Proteas captain reviewed the decision. Replays showed that the ball hit Elgar just below the knee roll, but Hawk-Eye showed that it was going over the stumps. The decision infuriated the Indian players, particularly captain Virat Kohli.

Embed3-GFX-1501

The Indian skipper walked up to the stump mic and let it rip, saying: “Focus on your team as well when they shine the ball… and not just the opposition, trying to catch people all the time.” Other Indian players like KL Rahul and Ravichandran Ashwin too expressed their dissatisfaction.
“Whole country playing against XI guys,” Rahul could be heard saying. Taking a dig at the host broadcaster, Ashwin said: “You’ve got to find better ways to win, SuperSport.”

For all the latest Sports News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! NewsBit.us is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment