Quick News Bit

Holiday candle and incense safety – Fire Line


According to the National Fire Protection Association, there are on average 20 candle-related fires each day in the U.S. and approximately one-third (37%) of home candle fires start in bedrooms. As you continue to enjoy important fall and winter holidays, please pay special attention to the following to keep everyone safe.

  • When possible, use flameless battery-powered candles — they can look and smell like real candles.
  • Keep candles and incense at least 12+ inches from anything that can burn.
  • Candleholders should be heat resistant, sturdy and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax and won’t tip over easily.
  • Place candle and incense holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface where they won’t be knocked over.
  • Blow out all candles and distinguish incense before you leave a room and before you go to bed.
  • Keep candles, incense, matches and lighters out of reach of children and pets,
  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container.
  • Avoid the use of candles and incense in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
  • Always have a flashlight with batteries handy in case of a power outage.

Enjoy our candle and incense safety video in multiple languages.


Learn more about candle fire safety

For all the latest Health News Click Here 

 For the latest news and updates, follow us on Google News

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! NewsBit.us is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment