Israel’s military released security camera footage Sunday it said showed hostages being brought into Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City on October 7 after being kidnapped during Hamas’s attacks on southern Israel. Al-Shifa hospital has become a focal point for Israel’s subsequent military operations in the Gaza Strip, with the army saying Hamas uses it as a base. The militants and medical staff have denied these claims.Follow our live blog. All times are Paris time (GMT+1).
Please refresh the page if the live blog does not appear.
Key Developments from Saturday, November 18:
- The Israeli military on Sunday said it had uncovered a tunnel under Gaza’s Al-Shifa hospital that stretched 55-metres beneath the war-torn complex where troops have been conducting a major operation
- A deal to free hostages seized by Hamas in its October 7 attack on Israel now hinges on “minor” practical issues, Qatar’s prime minister said Sunday.
- Thirty-one premature babies were evacuated from Gaza’s biggest hospital Sunday, the World Health Organization said, seeking to get the last patients and staff out of what it has dubbed a “death zone“.
- At least 13,000 Palestinians, including at least 5,500 children, have been killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza since October 7, the government media office in the Hamas-controlled enclave said on Saturday.
- Some 1,200 people have been killed in Israel, mostly during the initial attack by Hamas, and around 240 were taken captive by militants.
Read yesterday’s blog here.
(FRANCE 24 with AFP, AP and Reuters)
For all the latest Health News Click Here